While J & M Moving frequently provides complete packing services that many customers would prefer to economize and perform this important function themselves. In order to make the moving experience as pleasant as possible and to ensure safe transportation of your belongings, we ask that you take reasonable care in preparing your belongings for transportation.
1. There are certain items (including explosives, flammables, and corrosives) that our insurance carrier does not permit us to transport. Please do not include these items in your shipment or as your driver to accept same on move day.
2. All breakables should be properly boxed and all boxes should be sealed for proper placement in the truck. If unpacked breakables (including lamps, lamp shades, glass, and mirrors, etc.) are transported loose, they are excluded from liability coverage. You may wish to transport these items your elf in lieu of packing them.
3. Press-wood or particle board furniture (shipped unassembled form the manufacturer and intended for assembly at the consumer’s residence) is excluded form liability coverage. This type of furniture is not designed to withstand transport in an assembled state as any type of movement loosens the joints. We will exercise care in moving this type of furniture, but cannot guarantee that it will be delivered in the same condition it was when it was picked up. You may wish to consider having this type of furniture disassembled prior to move day.
4. Our drivers would prefer not to unhook washers/dryers and water lines to refrigerators and will not do so if the fittings are loose, rusted, or corroded. Please examine these fittings prior to move day and have alternate arrangements in place in the event they are needed.
5. Loose items should be removed from drawers as furniture is frequently turned on its side during the moving process and such items are easily lost. Keep in mind also that overloaded drawers place and unnatural strain on the piece of furniture and make placement and rearranging in your new home far more difficult.
6. If circumstances have arisen that were unforeseen at the time your estimate was prepared, please allow our office staff adequate time to reprice the now greater or lesser services you require so as to avoid pricing confusion on move day.
7. Complete a thorough walk through of your home before the movers leave to ensure nothing is missed.